Traineeship: Bogota Office
Traineeship: Bogota Office
Climate Focus is seeking trainees on an ongoing basis to join its team in Bogota. Recent postgraduates and advanced postgraduate students are both encouraged to apply. Trainees will participate in projects Climate Focus is carrying out for its international and national clients, including international climate policy research, development of sustainable business models in the land-use sector, carbon accounting, and stakeholder engagement to halt deforestation. Particular focus will be Climate Focus’ activities in Colombia and Latin America. As an integral part of the team, the trainee will encounter the dynamic challenges of our work.
Climate Focus is looking for an entrepreneurial and strong team player, who is interested in managing and cultivating relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including corporations, NGOs, governments, and academia. The traineeship offers exposure to a wide range of issues and topics; therefore, the candidate will need to demonstrate interdisciplinary research skills, solid analytical capabilities, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and proven foundations in environmental science, policy, and/or economics.
Foreseen tasks include:
▪ Research on climate policy and governance, carbon markets and climate finance
▪ Supporting the development and administration of projects
▪ Supporting the drafting and editing of reports
▪ Preparing workshop materials and presentations
▪ Contributing to the acquisition process by supporting the preparation of proposals.
Successful candidates will have:
▪ Fluency in English and Spanish;
▪ Proven skills in writing papers, articles or reports;
▪ Master’s degree (or equivalent) in law, economics, environmental and political sciences, development or related disciplines - advanced postgraduate students can also apply;
▪ Proven affinity with environmental protection and climate change mitigation;
▪ Excellent research and science-based working skills;
▪ Excellent organizational skills, and comfortable managing multiple tasks and working with a fast-paced international team;
▪ Interests in multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary work that combines climate science, economics, and policy;
▪ Willingness to travel;
▪ Permission to work in Colombia.
We offer full time or part-time traineeship positions for a period between 3 and 6 months. Traineeship positions with Climate Focus are remunerated.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter in English to l.cote [at] climatefocus.com (subject: Traineeship) (Luis Carlos Cote). Applications will be considered until the suitable candidate is identified. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Due to the high volume of applications, we can only respond to candidates shortlisted for interview.